Barton College is seeking candidates for a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of Exercise Science, with a start date of August 2019. The Barton College exercise science program is one of the college’s largest undergraduate programs. This position will be involved in the development of the new Master in Kinesiology program and serve as the coordinator of the fitness and wellness concentration and director of the human performance laboratory.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Commitment to quality undergraduate and graduate level teaching, college and professional service, and student advisement
- Ability to teach a range of courses in exercise science including introductory and upper-level courses, such as Exercise Physiology, Exercise in Health and Disease, Exercise Testing and Prescription, Research Methods, and Statistics
- Doctoral degree in Exercise Science is required (ABD with all degree requirements including dissertation defense by date of appointment will be considered).
- One to two years of graduate-level and online teaching experience preferred.
- Relevant clinical experience with significant industry contacts is a plus.
- Active membership in the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) preferred.
- Current Clinical Exercise Physiology certification preferred.
To apply, send your letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.