Barton College is pleased to announce the position of Assistant/Associate Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness and invites applications and nominations.
Under general supervision of the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness, the Assistant/Associate Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness performs a variety of technical, analytical, administrative, and professional duties in support of the College’s institutional research and assessment functions. This position applies advanced knowledge of research methodology in conducting complex institutional research and benchmarking studies and in developing and maintaining research and assessment information systems to assist with College-wide accountability studies.
- Assisting in the preparation of reports, surveys, position papers, statistical tables and graphs, and other materials to IPEDS, SACSCOC, NCICU and other agencies and organizations as requested.
- Under direction of the supervisor, planning, designing, and analyzing institutional research and benchmarking studies that support the College’s academic programs and institutional decision-making.
- Providing technical and analytical support to College departments, committees, faculty, staff and administration with respect to data needs and statistical analyses.
- Providing oversight and coordination of the institutional Program Review process, including collection and dissemination of pertinent data related to the review process; providing technical guidance to programs under review; and ensuring quality control of submitted materials.
- In conjunction with the supervisor, supporting the Vice President for Academic Affairs in documenting assessment activities across the campus.
- Assisting in managing Strategic Planning Online (SPOL), the College’s assessment and reporting software and in training College faculty, staff and administrators on outcomes assessment data collection processes and reporting procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating in and providing research assistance to College-wide committees.
- Commitment to student-centered principles, customer-service orientation, and a strong work ethic. Attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality are essential skills for this position.
This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, and copiers. This position may be eligible for a hybrid or remote work arrangement, consistent with Barton College policies and guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the successful candidate will be attending meetings in other locations.
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
The preferred qualifications required for consideration include:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, preferably in a quantitatively oriented discipline appropriate for the duties of the position
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in an educational environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with database, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, research methodology, data organization and analysis in educational settings
- Experience with data management software, statistical analysis software, student information system software (Jenzabar EX preferred), and other high-level computer skills.
- ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- strong organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- commitment to student-centered principles, customer-service orientation, and have a strong work ethic. Attention to detail is an essential skill for this position.
Please submit a letter of interest, current vitae or resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three people willing to serve as professional references (documents should be in MS Word or PDF format). Applications should be sent electronically to People & Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applicants will begin in mid-December and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United Stages. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000; Wilson, NC, 27893; or at 252-399-6330 or email@example.com