Barton College currently has an opening for a full-time Assistant Director of Financial Aid, responsible for the support of student aid processing and the office in day-to-day operation. This position oversees the loan programs, packaging, reconciliation, withdraws, and disbursements. Meeting with families and students is a vital part of this role.
- Primary contact for new and returning students and families as they understand the financial aid process
- Determines loan eligibility, certification, origination, reconciliation, and disbursement of federal and private loans
- Oversees and packages special programs, such as Tuition Remission and Tuition Exchange
- Requires the individual to be a resource for policy and compliance questions
- Must be available to work at events and feel comfortable with public speaking
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the position will be attending meetings in other locations
Desired Education, Skills, and Experience
- A solid background in organizational and data systems management is preferred
- Experience with PowerFAIDS is preferred.
- Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, and policies
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must also feel comfortable and confident when speaking publically to large crowds
- Experience with COD and understands reconciliation of Title IV funds
- Knowledge and experience with the return of Title IV aid.
Please submit a current resume and contact information for at least three professional references (all should be MS Word or PDF format) to People & Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or email@example.com.