Barton College is seeking an Assistant Director of Financial Aid in support of student aid processing (utilizing PowerFAIDS) with federal and state regulatory expertise for compliance and QA review and reporting , as well as staff training and student and family counseling. A solid background in organizational and data systems management is preferred. Extensive knowledge of federal and state regulations as they pertain to financial aid and/or financial systems audit and risk assessment is desired. The candidate will provide support to the Office of Financial Aid by providing administrative support and management assistance to the office in day-to-day operations.
- Counseling students and families about the financial aid process
- Reporting of N.C. Need-Based Scholarship
- COD Reporting including Pell
- Assisting with other periodic reporting as needed
- Functioning as secondary contact for the N.C. State Education Assistance Authority
- Presenting at open house and other events
- Processing return-of-funds calculations for students who have withdrawn
- Assisting with the processing of verification files
- Working knowledge of awarding endowed scholarships and ensuring eligibility and compliance
- Monitoring satisfactory academic progress and reporting the information to the Director of Financial Aid
- Representing the financial aid office with presentations to incoming recruits and performing other enrollment management duties
- Working knowledge of ISIR correction process
- Maintaining knowledge of federal and state regulations utilizing online training opportunities as well as off-campus training opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, and policies
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of federal policy as it relates to Title IV
- Experience administering Title IV programs
To apply, send your resume and contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.