Barton College is seeking candidates for an Assistant Director of Admissions, responsible for managing and recruiting for a specific territory with goals for enrollment for the College.
The successful person will be a member of an enrollment team that collaborates with multiple facets of the institution to communicate the overall mission of the College, the Barton Experience, and admission requirements to prospective students and parents on a daily basis. Travel required along with ability to manage specified territories for recruitment.
- Strong team player and have the ability to work independently and in an atmosphere where goals are set and reached based on the institution’s expectations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to speak comfortably one-on-one and in front of groups of varying sizes are required.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with high school counselors, independent consultants, vendors, and other constituents that influence a student’s college decision-making process.
- Professional demeanor and positive presence in interactions with internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computer, Microsoft products, and social media sites.
- Familiarity with Jenzabar preferred, with ability to learn basic skills with Jenzabar/SIS.
- Proficient in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, with ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to be discreet in handling confidential and proprietary information appropriately.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to be detail-oriented.
- Willing and able to travel independently for consecutive nights and to work weekends as needed.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) for at least three references to email@example.com.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.