Barton College is accepting applications for an Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Track and Field, a 10-month, full-time position with a start date of August 1, 2019. Barton College Athletics is a member of the Conference Carolinas and competes at the NCAA Division II level.
- Assisting in the recruitment and retention of a team for each gender that meets departmental roster goals
- Planning and implementing practice sessions
- Assisting in conditioning, training, and performance of the track and field team
- Facilitating academic and personal success of the team’s student-athletes
- Traveling to competitions
- Engaging in the Wilson community with activities such as team community service work, camps, and promotion of the sport
- Performing other administrative tasks necessary in coaching both teams as assigned by the Head Coach
A bachelor’s degree is required. The successful applicant will need to have certification in first aid, CPR, and AED and must pass the Division II University Training Modules within the first two weeks of employment. Prior experience in NCAA Division II athletics and goalkeeper instruction is highly desired. A valid driver’s license is required.
Preferred requirements include previous college cross country/track and field coaching experience at an institution of higher education. Knowledge of sprints, hurdles, and throws is highly desired.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
To apply, send a letter of application/cover letter, resume, and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) for at least three references to Tyler Amerson, Head Coach Men’s and Women’s Cross Country/Track & Field, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.