Barton College seeks candidates for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of either Assistant or Associate Professor with specialization in Digital Communications and Media/Multimedia within the School of Visual, Performing, and Communication Arts, beginning August 2020.
Candidates should be prepared to teach video/audio studio production courses and digital media field production courses (new and emerging technology). Successful candidates should have the ability to teach courses in digital media technology and supervise student media production practica. Other responsibilities may include teaching general education courses, developing discipline-specific and interdisciplinary curriculum, advising students, maintaining a program of scholarly activities, and participating in departmental, college, and professional service.
(including but not limited to)
- Teaching 24 credit hours per academic year
- Compiling, administering, and grading examinations
- Conducting research or actively participating in communication programming, sharing the findings and experiences in discussion forums or by publishing in professional journals.
- Advising students on academic and vocational curricula
- Serving as advisor to student organizations
- Serving on faculty committees
- Serving the program, department, college, and community
- Developing curriculum, in collaboration with the dean, for new programs; overseeing curricular revisions and faculty development
- Providing instruction in audio recording and mixing in analog and digital formats
- Collaborating with other faculty in the Department of Mass Communications and the School for Visual, Performing, and Communication Arts for projects that assimilate multi-discipline experiences, skills, and knowledge across majors and concentrations
- With video/audio students, recording and producing programming in studio for WEDT, City of Wilson’s PEG (Public, Educational, and Government) community television station, utilizing both live and taped programming as well as on-location news packages on Barton’s academic, sports, and student social activities among other.
- Training and placing students to work on Barton Theatre productions
- Providing setup and basic maintenance of video/audio studio equipment
- Maintaining the configuration and updates of the video/audio computers
- Selecting, installing, and maintaining video/audio software
The minimum educational credential required for the applicant is an M.A. in Communication or a related field, with an emphasis on media production and broadcast, and an online portfolio of professional work that demonstrates expertise in a variety of media and traditional and digital platforms. A terminal degree is preferred.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Responsibilities will begin with the 2020-2021 academic year. Applications should include a letter of interest, current vita, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three people who are willing to serve as references. Applications should be directed to email@example.com.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.