Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
About the Business (Online) Program
Barton College offers a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business. This baccalaureate program allows students to complete their degree fully online. The courses in this program prepare students to embark on a meaningful career with organizations in all industries. Students complete courses in topics which include Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, and Information Systems, taught by expert faculty in their disciplines.
Barton College provides all students with personalized academic support and industry-leading instruction from expert faculty, who are experienced in distance learning. Barton students benefit from the level of attentiveness reflective of a small college environment and the convenience of being able to complete courses online from anywhere. This program is well-suited for students who are employed and wish to advance in their field or chart their career paths into new industries. It is also well-suited for students who are not able to travel to class because of work or family responsibilities.
Business Major Requirements
- Business Communications
- Business Policy and Strategy
- Business Statistics
- Computer Information Systems
- Internship Experience
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Business
- Management Information Systems
- Managerial Finance
- Operations Management
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Microeconomics
Total: 45 Semester Hours
In addition to the major requirements, students in the Bachelor of Arts in Business program must complete 81 general education and elective credits.
A minimum of 126 credit hours is required for graduation.
- Apply through the Office of Admissions.
- Based on the evaluation of your official transcript(s), develop a plan for the completion of your degree requirements.
- Rolling admission with multiple entry points allows students to enroll in the program in August, January, or June. Visit www.barton.edu/apply/ to apply for the next cohort.
- Students must own or have constant access to a reliable computer configured with Microsoft Office and a reliable internet connection.
- Students may transfer up to 64 credits from courses successfully completed at other two-year regionally accredited colleges.
- Students may transfer an unlimited number of credits from regionally accredited four-year colleges; however, a minimum of 32 semester hours of work must be taken at Barton College.
- Students may transfer up to 64 credits from courses successfully completed in the military.
- The cost per credit is $450. Scholarships, grants, private and government student loans are accepted.
- Many employers offer tuition reimbursement benefits. Check with your employer to verify.
The School of Business
The School of Business faculty offer a level of personal attention unsurpassed by other business programs. Many members of the faculty have work experience in their field of expertise and are active in professional organizations on both a regional and national basis. Using teaching techniques that involve simulations, experiments, working as a team, and off-campus learning, your professors will engage you in the material in innovative ways and help you apply it to concrete issues in business.
Ron Eggers, Dean
School of Business