- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Travel at Barton
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – Poets of all skill and experience level have an opportunity to improve their writing abilities by attending the North Carolina Poetry Society’s (NCPS) Down East Fall Workshop on Saturday, October 26, at Barton College. “The Four Habits of Highly Productive Writers” will be held in The Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Registration will be held from 9:30 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Participants are encouraged to submit to Owens no more than one poem for review at least one week before the workshop. He may be reached at email@example.com. The cost to attend this event is $15 for NCPS members and $25 for non-members. Poets planning on attending should contact Rebecca Godwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leading the poetry workshop will award-winning author and poet Scott Owens. An award-winning and prolific writer, Owens is the author of 10 collections of poetry. He also serves as editor of “Wild Goose Poetry Review” and the online journal “234.” According to his web site, Owens is also vice president of the N.C. Poetry Society, coordinator of Poetry Hickory and The Art of Poetry at the Hickory Museum of Art, and a writer of reviews and articles about poetry. Owens holds degrees from Ohio University, UNC-Charlotte, and UNC-Greensboro. Born in South Carolina, Owens now makes his home in Hickory.
- Barton College Announces 2015 Graduates May 20, 2015
- Summer Brock Named to CASE DISTRICT III Board of Directors May 20, 2015
- The Sun Shone Brightly on Barton College Graduates at 113th Commencement Exercises May 17, 2015
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr., to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement May 11, 2015
- Barton College Places 2nd in State for Annual RecycleMania Challenge May 6, 2015