- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Whitehurst Family Honors Program
- Travel at Barton
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College will welcome Naief Yehya as the featured speaker for the Latin American Writers Series Lecture on Wednesday, Nov. 13, at 6:30 p.m. in The Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center. His lecture is titled, “Cyberculture: The Body and The Mind.”
An industrial engineer, journalist, writer, and cultural critic, Yehya currently writes for “La Jornada,” “Letras Libres,” “Zócalo,” “Replicante,” “Deep”, “Luvina,” and “Art Nexus,” among other publications in Mexico, Spain, the United States, and Latin America. He has published three novels, “Sanitary Works,” “Going Home,” and ‘The Truth about Life in Mars,” two short story collections, “Tales of Bad Women,” and “Slices,” and a variety of essays.
Yehya’s work deals mainly with the impact of technology, mass media, and propaganda in culture and society.
Born in Mexico in 1963, Yehya is a graduate of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UANM) and has made his home in Brooklyn, N.Y., since 1992.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Antonio Moreno, Department of English, Modern Languages, Religion and Philosophy, at 252-399-6457 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Scholars Conversation Hosted at Barton College July 10, 2015
- Barton Announces President’s List and Dean’s List for 2015 Spring Semester June 5, 2015
- Barton College to Receive $36,700 Grant from CIC and NetVUE June 2, 2015
- Barton College Announces 2015 Graduates May 20, 2015
- Summer Brock Named to CASE DISTRICT III Board of Directors May 20, 2015