- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College will welcome Naief Yehya as the featured speaker for the Latin American Writers Series Lecture on Wednesday, Nov. 13, at 6:30 p.m. in The Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center. His lecture is titled, “Cyberculture: The Body and The Mind.”
An industrial engineer, journalist, writer, and cultural critic, Yehya currently writes for “La Jornada,” “Letras Libres,” “Zócalo,” “Replicante,” “Deep”, “Luvina,” and “Art Nexus,” among other publications in Mexico, Spain, the United States, and Latin America. He has published three novels, “Sanitary Works,” “Going Home,” and ‘The Truth about Life in Mars,” two short story collections, “Tales of Bad Women,” and “Slices,” and a variety of essays.
Yehya’s work deals mainly with the impact of technology, mass media, and propaganda in culture and society.
Born in Mexico in 1963, Yehya is a graduate of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UANM) and has made his home in Brooklyn, N.Y., since 1992.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Antonio Moreno, Department of English, Modern Languages, Religion and Philosophy, at 252-399-6457 or email: email@example.com.
- Art Show: 2015 Senior Art Exhibition Opens at Barton April 20 April 21, 2015
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr. Slated to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement on May 17 April 16, 2015
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Pianist Ang Li on April 26 April 16, 2015
- Barton FOVA Series to Focus on Wilson’s Evolving N.C. Landscape Series on April 23 April 16, 2015
- Barton Innovation Competition Finals: Live from the Edna E. Boykin Cultural Center on April 21 April 15, 2015