- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Travel at Barton
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College will welcome poet Alex Grant for the upcoming Victor R. Small Writers Series’ spring lecture scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 20, at 7:30 p.m. The lecture will be held in The Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center on campus. This event is open to the public at no charge, and the community is invited to attend.
A 2012 North Carolina Poet Laureate nominee, Grant has published several books, including: “The Poems of Wing Lei” (2012), “The Circus Poems” (2011 SIBA finalist), “Fear of Moving Water” (2010 Oscar Arnold Young and Brockman Campbell runner-up) and “Chains & Mirrors” (2006 Randall Jarrell Prize and 2007 Oscar Arnold Young Award for Best Collection by a North Carolina poet).
He has been recognized with The Pavel Srut Poetry Fellowship and the Kakalak Poetry Prize. A six-time Pushcart Prize nominee, Grant’s work has appeared in “The Missouri Review,” “Best New Poets 2007,” “Arts & Letters,” “The Connecticut Review,” “Seattle Review,” “Verse Daily,” and many other national venues.
Grant and his wife reside in Chapel Hill.
This program is sponsored by the Department of English, Modern Languages, and Religion. For additional information, please contact Dr. James A. Clark, chair of the Department of English and Modern Languages and the Elizabeth H. Jordan Chair of Southern Literature, at 252-399-6450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
Tagged with: Poet Alex Grant
- Barton Trustee Garnett Whitehurst To Endow College’s Honors Program April 27, 2015
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr. Slated to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement on May 17 April 16, 2015
- Barton College Choir’s Spring Concert Scheduled for Thursday, April 30 April 16, 2015
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Pianist Ang Li on April 26 April 16, 2015
- Barton FOVA Series to Focus on Wilson’s Evolving N.C. Landscape Series on April 23 April 16, 2015