- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — The success of Barton’s students is celebrated through stories, testimonials, and now, even song. The Barton College Gospel Choir will be featured on WRAL-TV’s Spiritual Awakening gospel music program on Sunday morning, May 8, at 6 a.m., and during an encore performance on WRAL’s sister station, WRAZ Fox 50, at 8 a.m.
The Barton College Gospel Choir is under the leadership of Holly Zacharias, advisor, and Barton alumnus Terrence Canady, choir director. TJ Jones is the director of the gospel choir band.
The choir’s musical selections for the program will include “Behold, Bless Ye the Lord” (Psalm 134), “Real” by Melvin Crispell and Testimony, “And We Are Glad” by Joe Pace, and “Bounce Back” by Kevin Davidson and the Voices.
Barton College Gospel Choir included 25 members for the taping. Sopranos included: Santisha Brown, Lanikka Coley, Phylicia Evans, Ashley Harris, Precious Johnson, Khadijah Lane, and Holly Zacharias. Altos included: Thia Bowen, Brittany Bradley, Camesha Foushee, Tamara Gaines, Jaqueline Henry, Eleni Johnson, Jasmine Jones, Tatayana Kelley, Shakima Liburd, Lateria Moore, Jazmine Tinsley, and April Reeder. Tenors included: Ebony McCray, Ashely Morris, LaLonnie Steward, Quan Vinson, Terrence Canady, and Kevin Wright.
The Barton College Gospel Choir Band members accompanying the choir were TJ Jones, (organ); Marquail Harris, (drums); and Immanuel Loftin (bass guitar).
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Thomas Pandolfi on Sunday, April 27 April 17, 2014
- N.C. Landscape Artist J. Chris Wilson Presents “From Murphy to Manteo—An Artist’s Scenic Journey” on April 24 April 17, 2014
- President Norval C. Kneten Announces June 2015 Retirement April 14, 2014
- Barton Increases Graduate Study Offerings In Fall 2014 April 11, 2014
- Anita Brown-Graham Slated to Speak at Barton’s 112th Commencement on Sunday, May 11 March 31, 2014