- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — The Barton College Gospel Choir’s Fifth Annual Spring Concert is scheduled for Saturday, April 9, at 3 p.m. in Hardy Alumni Hall. This year’s theme is “Blessed & Highly Favored.” The event is open to the public at no charge, and the community is invited to attend.
The Barton College Gospel Choir is under the leadership of Holly Zacharias, advisor, and Barton alumnus Terrence Canady, director. TJ Jones is the director of the band. Returning for the fourth year, George Mitchell of Orlando, Fla., will be a guest musician, and Char Biggs will be a guest vocalist. Dante Johnson of Goldsboro, a featured guest vocalist, will be joining the choir for the first time, and the Wynn Chapel Praise Dancers of Wynn Chapel Church Ministries Inc. of Elm city will return this year to provide their ministry in dance. Hosts for the afternoon will be evangelist Antonia G. Parker and elder Roosevelt Ethridge Jr. of Wilson.
The Barton College Gospel Choir and the Alumni and Friends Gospel Choir will perform several song selections from various national gospel artists, including: Youthful Praise, Kevin Davidson and the Voices, Joe Pace, Bryon Cage, Marvin Sapp, Melvin Crispell and Testimony, as well as New Direction, just to name a few.
The Barton College Gospel Choir includes 26 members. Sopranos include: Santisha Brown, Lanikka Coley, Phylicia Evans, Ashley Harris, Precious Johnson, Khadijah Lane, and Holly Zacharias. Altos include: Thia Bowen, Brittany Bradley, Camesha Foushee, Tamara Gaines, Jaqueline Henry, Eleni Johnson, Jasmine Jones, Tatayana Kelley, Shakima Liburd, Lateria Moore, Jazmine Tinsley, Haley Todaro, and April Reeder. Tenors include: Ebony McCray, Ashely Morris, LaLonnie Steward, Quan Vinson, Terrence Canady (director) and Kevin Wright.
The Barton College Gospel Choir Band includes: TJ Jones, director of the band (organ), Marquail Harris, (drums), Immanuel Loftin (bass guitar), Zack Anderson (guitar), and Justin Love (keyboard).
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
Tagged with: Barton College Gospel Choir
- Barton Art Galleries’ To Host An Art and Decorative Arts Appraisal Day on March 20 with J. Chris Wilson March 5, 2014
- Barton’s Artist-in-Residence J. Chris Wilson to present “Jan van Eyck: Decoding an Enigma” on March 19 March 5, 2014
- “Continuing Conversations” Group Exhibition Opens At the Barton Art Galleries on March 16 March 5, 2014
- Caregiver Education Conference Postponed Until May March 3, 2014
- Barton’s Dr. Kelly Thompson to Participate in National Executive Leadership Academy February 25, 2014