- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Questions for Groups Visits
We have prepared two small lists of questions to help your group get the most of our your visit to Barton College.
Preparing for Your Visit
- What are reasons why you would want to pursue a college education?
- What are some things about college that you expect to be different from high school?
- What is the difference between a public college and a private college?
- What is a liberal arts school?
- What is a major? And, do you have an idea of what you want your major in college to be?
- Why is it important to visit colleges before you decide where to enroll?
Debriefing After Your Visit
- How can you prepare for college starting now?
- What are some different ways you can pay for college?
- What are some good study skills and time-management habits that will prepare you for college?
- How early in school should you practice these skills and habits?
- How are college courses different from high school classes?
- What can you do for fun at Barton College?
- Why are good grades so important?
- What was the most meaningful thing you learned from your campus visit today?
Office of Admissions
101 Harper Hall
P.O. Box 5000
Wilson, N.C. 27893
Contact the Campus Visit Office
Assistant Director of Campus Visits