- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Students applying for selection into the Athletic Training Program must:
- Apply spring semester of freshman year.
- Have an overall 2.5 GPA at time of application
- Those applying with a GPA of 2.3-2.49 may be considered on a provisional basis for the fall semester of sophomore year in program. After the fall semester a GPA of 2.5 is required to stay in the ATP
- Earn a C or better in the following pre-professional classes: ATR 120 and/or ATR 113
- Provide proof of completion of minimum of 25 hours of observation under an ATC / Approved Clinical Instructor at Barton College
- Be current in first aid and CPR
- Provide proof of HBV series of shots or provide a declination form
- 3 letters of recommendation –one from an athletic trainer preferred
- Provide a writing sample in response to specific career questions
- Complete the Athletic Training Program Application
- Complete a physical (by an MD, DO, PA or NP) within 6 months of application. This determines if a student meets the Technical Standards of the ATP.
- Proof of OSHA and Acknowledgement of Communicable Disease Policy.
- Complete an interview with the Athletic Training Program Selection Committee* (prior to the start of sophomore year)
- Students will be notified of selection into the ATP, in writing, by the start of the 1st semester sophomore year.
Please note that a student may meet all of the requirements and not be selected into the Athletic Training Program due to space limitations.
- NATA Membership is recommended in the student’s senior year (approximately $80.00 includes District and National Dues)
- Professional students must have access to an automobile for off-campus clinical assignments (juniors and seniors)
- All professional students must have liability insurance (sophomore, junior, and senior)
- Pre-professional students are required to purchase t-shirts and a name tag prior to beginning clinical observations
The Barton College Athletic Training Program does not discriminate with respect to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, disabling conditions (handicaps), and national origin.