- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
To be considered for admission as an international student, you must:
- Complete and submit our online Application for Admission. Applications should be submitted no later than May for enrollment in the fall.
- Submit official transcripts of all academic work completed beyond the elementary school level to a certified National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member. You’ll find a complete list of NACES members here . Our Office of Admissions must receive your evaluation results no later than July 1 for admission in the fall semester and no later than November 1 for admission in the spring semester.
- Show proof of your ability to pay for at least the first year of study. You may either send a check to cover expenses or provide bank statements clearly denoting the ability to pay and the method of payment. You must also complete a Certificate of Financial Responsibility (pdf). All charges must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- Provide proof of adequate English skills if English is not your native language. You may either submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 525 on the written test, at least 195 on the computer-based exam, or at least 71 on the Internet-based exam (Barton’s TOEFL code is 5016); enroll in the English Language Schools program and pass English level 109; or enroll in the ASPECT English program and pass ASPECT level 7.
Your admission requires careful analysis of your educational credentials and transcripts. It is imperative that you provide all of the necessary application materials in a timely manner to ensure adequate time to process the appropriate visa information.
We encourage you to apply early. Usually, we’ll notify you of our decision within two weeks after we’ve received your completed application.
Once you’ve been admitted, a non-refundable deposit of $200 is required to guarantee your space in class and the residence halls. At that point, an I-20 will be issued and you can make arrangements to get your visa.