- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College’s North Carolina Gamma Chapter of Alpha Chi National College Honor Society welcomed 12 new members into the fold during the fall 2013 induction ceremony.
Students with a grade point average of 3.5 or better in the top 10 percent of the junior and senior classes are eligible for induction. The minimum grade point average for this induction class was 3.65.
Alpha Chi is a coeducational society whose purpose is to promote academic excellence and exemplary character among college and university students and to honor those who achieve such distinction. Its name derives from the initial letters of the Greek words meaning truth and character.
As a general honor society, Alpha Chi admits to membership students from all academic disciplines. A member institution, which must be a regionally accredited, baccalaureate degree-granting college or university, may invite to membership no more than the top 10 percent of the junior and senior classes.
Inductees, listed by hometowns, are:
Clayton — Naomi Ruth Miller, Nursing.
Durham — Allison Dumas Dellinger, Theatre.
Jamesville — Charmayne Simpson, Psychology and Religion & Philosophy.
Nashville — Taylor Michelle Vick, Biology.
Raleigh — Daniel Robert Schaffer, Psychology.
Rocky Mount — Steven Robert Garity, Criminal Justice and Criminology.
Saratoga Springs, Utah — Miranda Riley McCarver, English.
Selma — Sheryl Pierce, Nursing.
Wake Forest — Kevin Anthony Toth, Religion & Philosophy and History.
Wilson — Matthew Owen Flint, History and Political Science; Amanda Christina Parrish, Social Studies Education; and Amber Nicole Wells, Nursing.
Tagged with: Alpha Chi Honor Society
- Twelfth Annual Caregiver Education Conference Scheduled at Barton College on March 10 February 20, 2015
- Friends of Visual Arts’ Lunch and Lecture Series Will Focus on History of Painting in N.C. and Collecting N.C. Art” February 13, 2015
- Barton Team Shines In First-Time Appearance At NCICU Ethics Bowl February 11, 2015
- “Love The Symphony” Scheduled For Saturday, February 14 February 3, 2015
- Barton Announces President’s and Dean’s Lists for Fall 2014 Semester February 2, 2015