- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Donation deadline is Monday, Dec. 2.
WILSON, N.C. — ’Tis the season to consider how we may give to others, and the Barton College Association of Nursing Students (BCANS) is reminding members of the campus and Wilson communities that there is a perfect opportunity to give through the Operation Christmas Soldier Project. Barton College nursing students will be packaging much needed supplies and necessities to honor our country’s soldiers this holiday season, and they are encouraging others to make donations to this worthy project.
When considering items to give, think small and convenient for the soldiers. Items should be able to fit into pockets or small spaces. Three categories of suggested donations include personal hygiene items, non-perishable food items, and recreational items.
Suggestions for personal hygiene items include small or travel-sized packages of baby wipes, Blistex, Chapstick, toothpaste and toothbrushes, shampoo, deodorant, hand sanitizer, lotion, shaving cream, toilet paper, travel-sized Kleenex-style tissues, sun block, aloe vera lotion, throat lozenges, and zip-lock plastic bags.
Suggested food items include small packages of coffee, hot cocoa mix, tea, lemonade mixes, gum, hard candy, mints, nuts, sunflower seeds, peanuts, trail mix, power bars, ramen noodles, beef jerky such as Slim Jims, Pop Tarts, and cereal or granola bars.
Soldiers also appreciate recreational items such as newspaper clippings, cartoons and Sunday comic pages, crossword puzzles, Frisbees, Nerf Footballs, Hacky Sacks, hand-held games, books, and magazines, as well as blank note cards and envelopes.
Donations may be delivered to drop boxes located at the YMCA, 3436 Airport Boulevard in Wilson, or at the Nixon Nursing Building and Willis N. Hackney Library on the Barton College campus. Please drop off all donations by Monday, December 2, to allow enough time for shipping to the soldiers in time for the holidays.
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Thomas Pandolfi on Sunday, April 27 April 17, 2014
- N.C. Landscape Artist J. Chris Wilson Presents “From Murphy to Manteo—An Artist’s Scenic Journey” on April 24 April 17, 2014
- President Norval C. Kneten Announces June 2015 Retirement April 14, 2014
- Barton Increases Graduate Study Offerings In Fall 2014 April 11, 2014
- Anita Brown-Graham Slated to Speak at Barton’s 112th Commencement on Sunday, May 11 March 31, 2014