- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — The Barton Art Galleries at Barton College is pleased to announce the “Watercolor Society of North Carolina’s 2013 Traveling Exhibition” exhibition in the Case Art Building’s West and East Corridors opening on Thursday, Nov 7, with a reception on Saturday, Nov. 9, from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
The exhibition, selected from the 68th Annual Juried Exhibition 2013 hosted by the Blowing Rock Art and History Museum, will feature original work from 30 artists: Ginnie Conaway, Bruce Chandler, Caroline Domenig, Isabel Farrell, Jeffrey Jakub, Vicki Johnson, Judith Glover, Susan Church Grant, Linda Griffin, Tirzah T. Hicks, Linda Koffenberger, Alexis Lavine, Dixie Leibert, Carol Moates, Georgia Mason, Susan Mauney, Ed Macomber, Ann Neely, Gary Nemcosky, Nancy Paden, Bailey Phelps, Dianne Rodwell, Barbara Rohde, June Rollins, Beverly Sessoms, David Stickel, Nancy M. Taylor, Carol Turner, Roger Tatum, and Peggy Vineyard.
WSNC, founded in 1972, is a nonprofit art organization with more than 500 members to date. Through sponsoring juried exhibitions, educating citizens and hosting workshops featuring nationally-known artists, the society strives to strengthen and promote watercolor throughout the state.
The exhibition will run through Tuesday, Dec. 17. This event is free to the public, and the community is invited to attend.
- War and Baseball Take Center Stage for Original Theatre Production at Barton College on Nov. 13-16 October 30, 2014
- Barton Welcomes Phillip Gardner for Victor R. Small Writers Series Lecture on Nov. 10 October 30, 2014
- Join J. Chris Wilson for An Art and Decorative Arts Appraisal Day on November 6 October 30, 2014
- Wilson/Barton Think Tank Welcomes National and Regional Economic Leaders to Discuss Future Trends on October 24 October 17, 2014
- Barton Professor James A. Clark Named to Regional Leadership Role October 16, 2014