- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — The Barton Art Galleries at Barton College is pleased to announce the “Watercolor Society of North Carolina’s 2013 Traveling Exhibition” exhibition in the Case Art Building’s West and East Corridors opening on Thursday, Nov 7, with a reception on Saturday, Nov. 9, from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
The exhibition, selected from the 68th Annual Juried Exhibition 2013 hosted by the Blowing Rock Art and History Museum, will feature original work from 30 artists: Ginnie Conaway, Bruce Chandler, Caroline Domenig, Isabel Farrell, Jeffrey Jakub, Vicki Johnson, Judith Glover, Susan Church Grant, Linda Griffin, Tirzah T. Hicks, Linda Koffenberger, Alexis Lavine, Dixie Leibert, Carol Moates, Georgia Mason, Susan Mauney, Ed Macomber, Ann Neely, Gary Nemcosky, Nancy Paden, Bailey Phelps, Dianne Rodwell, Barbara Rohde, June Rollins, Beverly Sessoms, David Stickel, Nancy M. Taylor, Carol Turner, Roger Tatum, and Peggy Vineyard.
WSNC, founded in 1972, is a nonprofit art organization with more than 500 members to date. Through sponsoring juried exhibitions, educating citizens and hosting workshops featuring nationally-known artists, the society strives to strengthen and promote watercolor throughout the state.
The exhibition will run through Tuesday, Dec. 17. This event is free to the public, and the community is invited to attend.
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Thomas Pandolfi on Sunday, April 27 April 17, 2014
- N.C. Landscape Artist J. Chris Wilson Presents “From Murphy to Manteo—An Artist’s Scenic Journey” on April 24 April 17, 2014
- President Norval C. Kneten Announces June 2015 Retirement April 14, 2014
- Barton Increases Graduate Study Offerings In Fall 2014 April 11, 2014
- Anita Brown-Graham Slated to Speak at Barton’s 112th Commencement on Sunday, May 11 March 31, 2014