- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – Poets of all skill and experience level have an opportunity to improve their writing abilities by attending the North Carolina Poetry Society’s (NCPS) Down East Fall Workshop on Saturday, October 26, at Barton College. “The Four Habits of Highly Productive Writers” will be held in The Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Registration will be held from 9:30 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Participants are encouraged to submit to Owens no more than one poem for review at least one week before the workshop. He may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost to attend this event is $15 for NCPS members and $25 for non-members. Poets planning on attending should contact Rebecca Godwin at email@example.com.
Leading the poetry workshop will award-winning author and poet Scott Owens. An award-winning and prolific writer, Owens is the author of 10 collections of poetry. He also serves as editor of “Wild Goose Poetry Review” and the online journal “234.” According to his web site, Owens is also vice president of the N.C. Poetry Society, coordinator of Poetry Hickory and The Art of Poetry at the Hickory Museum of Art, and a writer of reviews and articles about poetry. Owens holds degrees from Ohio University, UNC-Charlotte, and UNC-Greensboro. Born in South Carolina, Owens now makes his home in Hickory.
- Wilson/Barton Think Tank Welcomes National and Regional Economic Leaders to Discuss Future Trends on October 24 October 17, 2014
- Barton Professor James A. Clark Named to Regional Leadership Role October 16, 2014
- Barton College and Pamlico Community College Partner on Three Transfer Agreements October 9, 2014
- The “Barton Experience” Measures Up Regionally and Nationally October 7, 2014
- Reception for Watercolor Society of N.C. 69th Juried Exhibition at Barton Art Galleries on Oct. 12 September 24, 2014