- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College will welcome Naief Yehya as the featured speaker for the Latin American Writers Series Lecture on Wednesday, Nov. 13, at 6:30 p.m. in The Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center. His lecture is titled, “Cyberculture: The Body and The Mind.”
An industrial engineer, journalist, writer, and cultural critic, Yehya currently writes for “La Jornada,” “Letras Libres,” “Zócalo,” “Replicante,” “Deep”, “Luvina,” and “Art Nexus,” among other publications in Mexico, Spain, the United States, and Latin America. He has published three novels, “Sanitary Works,” “Going Home,” and ‘The Truth about Life in Mars,” two short story collections, “Tales of Bad Women,” and “Slices,” and a variety of essays.
Yehya’s work deals mainly with the impact of technology, mass media, and propaganda in culture and society.
Born in Mexico in 1963, Yehya is a graduate of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UANM) and has made his home in Brooklyn, N.Y., since 1992.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Antonio Moreno, Department of English, Modern Languages, Religion and Philosophy, at 252-399-6457 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Business as Usual” at Barton Means Thinking Outside the Box July 3, 2014
- Barton Announces President’s List and Dean’s List for 2014 Spring Semester July 3, 2014
- N.C. Landscape Artist J. Chris Wilson To Host Open Studio With Painting Presentation and Demonstration June 19, 2014
- Barton College and Wilson Community College Partner on Transfer Agreement June 11, 2014
- Barton College Announces 2014 Graduates June 10, 2014