- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College will welcome Naief Yehya as the featured speaker for the Latin American Writers Series Lecture on Wednesday, Nov. 13, at 6:30 p.m. in The Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center. His lecture is titled, “Cyberculture: The Body and The Mind.”
An industrial engineer, journalist, writer, and cultural critic, Yehya currently writes for “La Jornada,” “Letras Libres,” “Zócalo,” “Replicante,” “Deep”, “Luvina,” and “Art Nexus,” among other publications in Mexico, Spain, the United States, and Latin America. He has published three novels, “Sanitary Works,” “Going Home,” and ‘The Truth about Life in Mars,” two short story collections, “Tales of Bad Women,” and “Slices,” and a variety of essays.
Yehya’s work deals mainly with the impact of technology, mass media, and propaganda in culture and society.
Born in Mexico in 1963, Yehya is a graduate of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UANM) and has made his home in Brooklyn, N.Y., since 1992.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Antonio Moreno, Department of English, Modern Languages, Religion and Philosophy, at 252-399-6457 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barton College Ushers In The 2014 Christmas Season November 21, 2014
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony’s Fall Concert to Feature Guest Soloists November 14, 2014
- War and Baseball Take Center Stage for Original Theatre Production at Barton College on Nov. 13-16 October 30, 2014
- Barton Welcomes Phillip Gardner for Victor R. Small Writers Series Lecture on Nov. 10 October 30, 2014
- Join J. Chris Wilson for An Art and Decorative Arts Appraisal Day on November 6 October 30, 2014