- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Whitehurst Family Honors Program
- Travel at Barton
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Furry or feathered, large or small, pets and their families are invited to join the Barton College community for a “Blessing of the Animals” service to be held on Sunday, Oct. 13, at 3 p.m. There is no charge, and the surrounding community is invited to attend the service.
Each year, on or around the date of the Feast Day of Saint Francis of Assisi, a number of churches mark the occasion by having a service of blessing of the animals. Theologically, its purpose is to testify to the sacredness of all of creation, to celebrate its richness and variety and, more specifically, to acknowledge the importance of animals, especially companion animals, to our own spiritual growth and development. The service involves the literal blessing of animals by the priest or minister.
Barton’s “Blessing of the Animals” service, to be led by the Reverend Jamie Eubanks, will last approximately 20 minutes and will take place on center campus. All pets are welcomed, but please consider the wisdom of bringing aggressive animals. Please leash all pets as appropriate. Large animals also are welcomed, but they must be led onto center campus and not ridden. If you are unable to bring your pet, you may bring a photograph of your pet. Clean-up supplies and water will be available.
For additional information or questions, please contact Rev. Eubanks at 252-399-6368 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tagged with: Blessing of the Animals Service at Barton College
- International Scholars Conversation Hosted at Barton College July 10, 2015
- Barton Announces President’s List and Dean’s List for 2015 Spring Semester June 5, 2015
- Barton College to Receive $36,700 Grant from CIC and NetVUE June 2, 2015
- Barton College Announces 2015 Graduates May 20, 2015
- Summer Brock Named to CASE DISTRICT III Board of Directors May 20, 2015