- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — And, they’re off! — What better way to signal the efforts of enthusiastic runners as they rush to take the lead in the “Barton College/Dick’s Hot Dog Dash and Weenie Walk,” scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, April 2, at 3:30 p.m. The approximate two-mile run, sponsored by the Barton College Student Government Association, in partnership with Dick’s Hot Dog Stand, is being held to help raise funds for “Stop Hunger Now,” an international hunger relief agency that coordinates the distribution of food and other life-saving aid around the world.
The “Barton College/Dick’s Hot Dog Dash and Weenie Walk” is one of several fund-raising efforts coordinated by the SGA on Barton’s campus this spring to help raise dollars for the world-wide food project. The Barton community’s on-campus packaging event for “Stop Hunger Now” will be held on Tuesday, April 16.
The “Barton College/Dick’s Hot Dog Dash and Weenie Walk,” similar in concept to the famous “Krispy Kreme Challenge” held in Raleigh, will start at 3:30 p.m. at Barton’s Centennial Alumni Bell Tower. A trophy will be awarded to the first place winner for the hot dog dash and the weenie walk. The first 20 registrants, paid in full, will be entered into a raffle for a $50 Visa gift card.
Registration at $10 per person will be open to members of the Barton College campus as well as members of the surrounding community. Community members may also sponsor a runner in the race. Sponsorship dollars must be turned in at registration time, which begins at 3 p.m., 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the race.
For additional information about sponsoring a Barton runner, making a donation to “Stop Hunger Now,” or to receive additional information about the project, please email Zeb Whitehurst at email@example.com.
The “Stop Hunger Now” Committee will be raising funds through April 15.
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Thomas Pandolfi on Sunday, April 27 April 17, 2014
- N.C. Landscape Artist J. Chris Wilson Presents “From Murphy to Manteo—An Artist’s Scenic Journey” on April 24 April 17, 2014
- President Norval C. Kneten Announces June 2015 Retirement April 14, 2014
- Barton Increases Graduate Study Offerings In Fall 2014 April 11, 2014
- Anita Brown-Graham Slated to Speak at Barton’s 112th Commencement on Sunday, May 11 March 31, 2014