- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — And, they’re off! — What better way to signal the efforts of enthusiastic runners as they rush to take the lead in the “Barton College/Dick’s Hot Dog Dash and Weenie Walk,” scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, April 2, at 3:30 p.m. The approximate two-mile run, sponsored by the Barton College Student Government Association, in partnership with Dick’s Hot Dog Stand, is being held to help raise funds for “Stop Hunger Now,” an international hunger relief agency that coordinates the distribution of food and other life-saving aid around the world.
The “Barton College/Dick’s Hot Dog Dash and Weenie Walk” is one of several fund-raising efforts coordinated by the SGA on Barton’s campus this spring to help raise dollars for the world-wide food project. The Barton community’s on-campus packaging event for “Stop Hunger Now” will be held on Tuesday, April 16.
The “Barton College/Dick’s Hot Dog Dash and Weenie Walk,” similar in concept to the famous “Krispy Kreme Challenge” held in Raleigh, will start at 3:30 p.m. at Barton’s Centennial Alumni Bell Tower. A trophy will be awarded to the first place winner for the hot dog dash and the weenie walk. The first 20 registrants, paid in full, will be entered into a raffle for a $50 Visa gift card.
Registration at $10 per person will be open to members of the Barton College campus as well as members of the surrounding community. Community members may also sponsor a runner in the race. Sponsorship dollars must be turned in at registration time, which begins at 3 p.m., 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the race.
For additional information about sponsoring a Barton runner, making a donation to “Stop Hunger Now,” or to receive additional information about the project, please email Zeb Whitehurst at email@example.com.
The “Stop Hunger Now” Committee will be raising funds through April 15.
- Civil War Medicine the Focus of BB&T Heritage Lecture in American History at Barton College on Sept. 30 September 17, 2014
- The Grand Opening of the K.D. Kennedy, Jr. Rare Book Room in Barton’s Hackney Library is Scheduled for Sept. 25 September 16, 2014
- “Art History Crash Course for the Painter or Collector” Led by J. Chris Wilson on Tuesday, Sept. 23 September 9, 2014
- Barton Welcomes Dr. Troy Kickler for Constitution Day on Sept. 17 September 9, 2014
- Barton Welcomes UNC Archivist Stephen Fletcher To Discuss Hugh Morton Photographs on Sept. 16 September 9, 2014