- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College’s North Carolina Gamma Chapter of Alpha Chi National College Honor Society recently conducted its 2012 spring induction ceremony and welcomed nine new members into the fold.
Students with a grade point average of 3.5 or better in the top 10 percent of the junior and senior classes are eligible for induction. The minimum grade point average for this induction class was 3.65.
Alpha Chi is a coeducational society whose purpose is to promote academic excellence and exemplary character among college and university students and to honor those who achieve such distinction. Its name derives from the initial letters of the Greek words meaning truth and character.
As a general honor society, Alpha Chi admits to membership students from all academic disciplines. A member institution, which must be a regionally accredited, baccalaureate degree-granting college or university, may invite to membership no more than the top 10 percent of the junior and senior classes.
Inductees, listed by hometowns, are:
Angier — Shannon Boney, Nursing.
Bedford, Va. — Rachel Moore, Mass Communications, with a concentration in Public Relations.
Cary — Teri Lynette Smith, Birth to Kindergarten Education.
Goldsboro — Lillian Sarvey, Biology, with a concentration in Health Sciences.
Smithfield — Daniel Thomas Myers, Business Management and Management of Human Resources.
Wake Forest— Ruth Gower, Elementary Education (K-6).
Wilson — Hope Dixon, Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (K-12) and Elementary Education (K-6); Kevin Murray, Criminal Justice and Criminology; and Timothy Winks, Master of Education in Elementary Education Program.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- Wilson/Barton Think Tank Welcomes National and Regional Economic Leaders to Discuss Future Trends on October 24 October 17, 2014
- Barton Professor James A. Clark Named to Regional Leadership Role October 16, 2014
- Barton College and Pamlico Community College Partner on Three Transfer Agreements October 9, 2014
- The “Barton Experience” Measures Up Regionally and Nationally October 7, 2014
- Reception for Watercolor Society of N.C. 69th Juried Exhibition at Barton Art Galleries on Oct. 12 September 24, 2014