- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — The Barton College Gospel Choir’s Seventh Annual Spring Concert is scheduled for Saturday, April 14, at 5 p.m. in Hardy Alumni Hall. This year’s theme is “Moving to the Next Level.” The event is open to the public at no charge, and the community is invited to attend.
The Barton College Gospel Choir is under the leadership of Holly Zacharias, advisor, and Barton alumnus Terrence Canady, director. TJ Jones is the director of the band. Returning this year is the Wynn Chapel Praise Dancers of Wynn Chapel Church Ministries Inc. of Elm City to provide their ministry in dance and Worship United Band of Raleigh will minister for praise and worship. The host for the afternoon will be evangelist Antonia G. Parker of Wilson.
The Barton College Gospel Choir and the Alumni and Friends Gospel Choir will perform several song selections from various national gospel artists, including: William McDowell, Ricky Dillard, and James Hall, just to name a few.
The Barton College Gospel Choir includes 17 members. Sopranos include: Courtni Battle, Lanikka Coley, Phylicia Evans, Breyuana Kittrell, Mar-Juani Thompson, Kira Wilson, and Holly Zacharias (advisor). Altos include: Brittany Bradley, Jasmine Dancy, Ashlee Jackson, Tatayana Kelley, Dimetra Rone, and Danielle Watts. Tenors include: Terrence Canady (director) Dante Johnson, Michael Rice, and Kevin Wright. Guest soloist is Barton freshman Spencer Howell.
The Barton College Gospel Choir Band includes: TJ Jones, director of the band (organ), Marquail Harris, (drums), Immanuel Loftin (bass guitar), and Justin Love (keyboard).
- Wilson/Barton Think Tank Welcomes National and Regional Economic Leaders to Discuss Future Trends on October 24 October 17, 2014
- Barton Professor James A. Clark Named to Regional Leadership Role October 16, 2014
- Barton College and Pamlico Community College Partner on Three Transfer Agreements October 9, 2014
- The “Barton Experience” Measures Up Regionally and Nationally October 7, 2014
- Reception for Watercolor Society of N.C. 69th Juried Exhibition at Barton Art Galleries on Oct. 12 September 24, 2014