- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Please join members of the Barton College community for the screening of “Miss Representation,” a 90-minute documentary by Jennifer Siebel Newsome, on Wednesday, March 21, from 6-8 p.m. in Hardy Alumni Hall. Plan to arrive early for light refreshments at 5:45 p.m. The film will begin at 6 p.m. There is no charge for the event, and the community is invited to attend.
Premiering at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival, this inspirational film has been viewed by more than one million people to date. The documentary exposes how mainstream media’s misrepresentation of women has led to the under-representation of women in positions of leadership and power.
This film challenges media’s limited and often negative portrayals of women and girls. Prominent politicians, journalists, entertainers, activists, and academics are interviewed throughout the film, including: Condoleezza Rice, Nancy Pelosi, Rosario Dawson, and Gloria Steinem.
Following the screening, there will be a moderated discussion of the film with an emphasis on what can be done to create change.
For additional information about this event, please contact Heather Brewer, campus counselor, at 252-399-6587 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- Reception for Watercolor Society of N.C. 69th Juried Exhibition at Barton Art Galleries on Oct. 12 September 24, 2014
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony’s “Downtown” Concert on Oct. 9 September 24, 2014
- Poet James Applewhite to Speak at Friends of Hackney Library Fall Dinner on Oct. 7 September 24, 2014
- Friends of Visual Arts’ Fall Lecture to Feature Barton Art Professor Gérard Lange on Oct. 2 September 24, 2014
- Civil War Medicine the Focus of BB&T Heritage Lecture in American History at Barton College on Sept. 30 September 17, 2014