- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Please join members of the Barton College community for the screening of “Miss Representation,” a 90-minute documentary by Jennifer Siebel Newsome, on Wednesday, March 21, from 6-8 p.m. in Hardy Alumni Hall. Plan to arrive early for light refreshments at 5:45 p.m. The film will begin at 6 p.m. There is no charge for the event, and the community is invited to attend.
Premiering at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival, this inspirational film has been viewed by more than one million people to date. The documentary exposes how mainstream media’s misrepresentation of women has led to the under-representation of women in positions of leadership and power.
This film challenges media’s limited and often negative portrayals of women and girls. Prominent politicians, journalists, entertainers, activists, and academics are interviewed throughout the film, including: Condoleezza Rice, Nancy Pelosi, Rosario Dawson, and Gloria Steinem.
Following the screening, there will be a moderated discussion of the film with an emphasis on what can be done to create change.
For additional information about this event, please contact Heather Brewer, campus counselor, at 252-399-6587 or email: email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Thomas Pandolfi on Sunday, April 27 April 17, 2014
- N.C. Landscape Artist J. Chris Wilson Presents “From Murphy to Manteo—An Artist’s Scenic Journey” on April 24 April 17, 2014
- President Norval C. Kneten Announces June 2015 Retirement April 14, 2014
- Barton Increases Graduate Study Offerings In Fall 2014 April 11, 2014
- Anita Brown-Graham Slated to Speak at Barton’s 112th Commencement on Sunday, May 11 March 31, 2014