- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Please join the Friends of Visual Arts at Barton College for the upcoming Winter Lecture featuring Ben Owen III. His lecture is titled “An Owen Tradition and Transition in Clay,” and the event will be held in the Barton Art Galleries in Case Art Building at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 23. There is no charge for the program, and the community is encouraged to attend. Refreshments will be served.
He is a potter from Seagrove. His forefathers came to North Carolina from England as early as the late 1700s to ply their craft and furnish storage jars and other utilitarian wares for the early settlers. Owen’s grandfather, master potter Ben Owen, Sr., admired early oriental pottery displayed in museums and collections, and he translated those works into his own style of pottery.
Ben Owen III studied pottery as an apprentice with his grandfather and later at East Carolina University. Like his grandfather, Owen’s pottery reflects a foundation of traditional design as well as oriental translations.
For additional information about this program, please contact Bonnie LoSchiavo at 252-399-6477 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com
- Twelfth Annual Caregiver Education Conference Scheduled at Barton College on March 10 February 20, 2015
- Friends of Visual Arts’ Lunch and Lecture Series Will Focus on History of Painting in N.C. and Collecting N.C. Art” February 13, 2015
- Barton Team Shines In First-Time Appearance At NCICU Ethics Bowl February 11, 2015
- “Love The Symphony” Scheduled For Saturday, February 14 February 3, 2015
- Barton Announces President’s and Dean’s Lists for Fall 2014 Semester February 2, 2015