- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
An Open House visit at Barton is a great opportunity to get a full frame picture of what college life is all about — from meeting with campus staff and current students to discussing myriad choices of majors with faculty. You’ll have a chance to pose those questions that you’ve been dying to ask currently enrolled students during the Open Panel discussion, and you’ll get to check out the campus during the student-led tour as well as the campus cuisine during lunch in Hamlin Dining Hall. And, if you’re into athletics, then athletics admissions coordinator Matt Akins will have all the details you’ll need to move forward with plans for those team tryouts for Barton’s 16 NCAA DII athletic programs.
What’s the Barton Experience? In a nutshell, the foundation of the Barton Experience is the College’s promise to provide Barton students with the tools and support to maximize their potential, both in the classroom and beyond. With a focus on critical thinking, complex reasoning, and writing, Barton’s professors introduce subjects with fresh perspectives, provide hands-on experiences for students that merge learning with doing, and engage classes through in-depth discussions that take students to a higher level of understanding. The result is an annual class of graduates who have developed a vision of competing successfully across the country and abroad because of their Barton Experience. Barton College is “inspiring futures” by “turning beliefs into accomplishments.”
Need more information about the Barton Experience or Open Houses, or perhaps details about planning a private visit to campus? Just call Angela Zimmerman, campus guest coordinator, at 800.345.4973 or 252.399.6318, or email her at email@example.com. She can tailor the Barton visit for your specific interests!
Well, what are you waiting for? We can’t wait to meet you. See you on campus soon!
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony Welcomes the Community to the free “Downtown” Concert on October 9 September 22, 2014
- Civil War Medicine the Focus of BB&T Heritage Lecture in American History at Barton College on Sept. 30 September 17, 2014
- The Grand Opening of the K.D. Kennedy, Jr. Rare Book Room in Barton’s Hackney Library is Scheduled for Sept. 25 September 16, 2014
- “Art History Crash Course for the Painter or Collector” Led by J. Chris Wilson on Tuesday, Sept. 23 September 9, 2014
- Barton Welcomes Dr. Troy Kickler for Constitution Day on Sept. 17 September 9, 2014