- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — The Lighting of the Luminaries, a long-standing tradition for the Barton College community, will usher in the Christmas season on Tuesday, Nov. 29. The College family invites the surrounding community to join them for this festive celebration.
The celebration will begin with a candlelight dinner served in the Hamlin Student Center Dining Hall at 5 p.m. Cost for the meal is $6 for adults and $3 for children and students not on the meal plan.
At 4 p.m., students will begin lighting over 1,700 luminaries across 32 acres of the main campus, and at 6 p.m., students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the College, and members of the greater Wilson community will gather on center campus for the blessing and lighting of the Christmas tree. The outdoor program will include brief remarks by Dr. Norval C. Kneten, president of Barton College, and the Reverend Hollie Woodruff, chaplain of the College as well as musical selections performed the Barton College Gospel Choir and the Sign Choir.
Immediately following the blessing and lighting of the tree, participants will move to Howard Chapel for the annual Christmas Program of Lessons and Carols featuring the Barton College Choir. There is no charge for the program.
For additional information about the Lighting of the Luminaries program, please contact the Reverend Hollie Woodruff, chaplain of the college, at 252-399-6368. For additional information about the choir program, please contact Mark Peterson, director of music, at 252-399-6535.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr. Slated to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement on May 17 March 24, 2015
- “Walking into April” Poetry Day Scheduled for Saturday, April 11 March 24, 2015
- Friends of Hackney Library Presents “An Evening with Elaine Neil Orr” on April 7 March 24, 2015
- Charles W. Calhoun to Present Heritage Lecture on March 31 March 18, 2015
- FOVA Art Lunch and Lecture Series on March 26 Features N.C. Connection March 18, 2015