- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College’s Mass Communications Club is pleased to present a screening of hip hop producer 9th Wonder’s new documentary “The Wonder Year,” a film by Kenneth Price. Scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 9, at 6:30 p.m. in Hardy Alumni Hall, this event is open to the public free of charge, and the community is invited to attend.
The evening event will begin with a lecture by 9th Wonder (Patrick Douthit) followed by the film screening of his documentary. There will be time for a Question and Answer Session following the screening.
The film documents a year in the life of 9th Wonder, a CEO, NAACP ambassador, Duke University visiting instructor, husband, father, son, and Grammy award-winning producer. The film features Drake, DJ Premier, DJ Green Lantern, J. Cole, Murs, Phonte, Shar Money XL, young Guru, The Alchemist, and more.
Among those with whom 9th Wonder has worked are Little Brother, Lil Wayne, Drake, Jay-Z, Murs, Mary J. Blige, Chris Brown, Destiny’s Child, David Banner, Erykah Badu, and Ludacris, just to name a few.
For additional information about 9th Wonder and his documentary “The Wonder Year,” visit http://9thwonder.com/ and http://thewonderyear.1-r-g.com/.
For information about this event at Barton, please contact Catherine Okafor at email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hackney Library’s 2014 Open House Celebrates Best-Selling N.C. Author Wiley Cash on Sept. 9 August 27, 2014
- Barton Hosts Author Wiley Cash for Joyce T. Boone Southern Author Series on Sept. 9 August 27, 2014
- Barton Showcases Prolific N.C. Photographer Hugh Morton in Special Exhibit August 27, 2014
- Theatre at Barton Opens a New Season with “Crimes of the Heart” August 20, 2014
- A Busy Summer Prepares Barton for the Opening of a New Academic Year August 5, 2014