- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College’s Mass Communications Club is pleased to present a screening of hip hop producer 9th Wonder’s new documentary “The Wonder Year,” a film by Kenneth Price. Scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 9, at 6:30 p.m. in Hardy Alumni Hall, this event is open to the public free of charge, and the community is invited to attend.
The evening event will begin with a lecture by 9th Wonder (Patrick Douthit) followed by the film screening of his documentary. There will be time for a Question and Answer Session following the screening.
The film documents a year in the life of 9th Wonder, a CEO, NAACP ambassador, Duke University visiting instructor, husband, father, son, and Grammy award-winning producer. The film features Drake, DJ Premier, DJ Green Lantern, J. Cole, Murs, Phonte, Shar Money XL, young Guru, The Alchemist, and more.
Among those with whom 9th Wonder has worked are Little Brother, Lil Wayne, Drake, Jay-Z, Murs, Mary J. Blige, Chris Brown, Destiny’s Child, David Banner, Erykah Badu, and Ludacris, just to name a few.
For additional information about 9th Wonder and his documentary “The Wonder Year,” visit http://9thwonder.com/ and http://thewonderyear.1-r-g.com/.
For information about this event at Barton, please contact Catherine Okafor at email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barton Art Galleries’ To Host An Art and Decorative Arts Appraisal Day on March 20 with J. Chris Wilson March 5, 2014
- Barton’s Artist-in-Residence J. Chris Wilson to present “Jan van Eyck: Decoding an Enigma” on March 19 March 5, 2014
- “Continuing Conversations” Group Exhibition Opens At the Barton Art Galleries on March 16 March 5, 2014
- Caregiver Education Conference Postponed Until May March 3, 2014
- Barton’s Dr. Kelly Thompson to Participate in National Executive Leadership Academy February 25, 2014