- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College is pleased to announce Scott C. Cruikshank, class of 1995, as the featured speaker for the 110th Opening Convocation. The annual campus event is scheduled for Tuesday, August 30, at 11 a.m. in Howard Chapel.
Cruikshank serves as vice president of Alliances for the Americas for Dimension Data, a specialist IT services and solution provider that helps clients plan, build, support, and manage their IT infrastructures. Based out of the company’s Raleigh-Durham office, he oversaw the creation of the new Alliance organization and is now responsible for leveraging and expanding partnerships of major manufacturers. Cruikshank has more than 12 years of experience in technology sales. He joined Dimension Data in 1999 and prior to this appointment, he served as vice president of sales for the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern United States. Before joining Dimension Data, Cruikshank was employed with CompuCom Systems and IBM.
Earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Sport Management at Barton College, he also was a four-year starting player for the men’s soccer team and was a key performer on the championship teams in 1991 and 1993. A member of Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity, Cruikshank continues to be active through the fraternity’s Gamma Lambda alumni chapter. A 2009 Barton College Alumni Achievement Award recipient, he is a past member of the Barton College Athletics/Bulldog Club Committee and the Barton College Alumni Board. Cruikshank will be installed as a member of the Barton College Board of Trustees at the fall board meeting in September.
Cruikshank and his wife, Holly, make their home in Raleigh, with their children: daughter Carter and son Paxton.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Thomas Pandolfi on Sunday, April 27 April 17, 2014
- N.C. Landscape Artist J. Chris Wilson Presents “From Murphy to Manteo—An Artist’s Scenic Journey” on April 24 April 17, 2014
- President Norval C. Kneten Announces June 2015 Retirement April 14, 2014
- Barton Increases Graduate Study Offerings In Fall 2014 April 11, 2014
- Anita Brown-Graham Slated to Speak at Barton’s 112th Commencement on Sunday, May 11 March 31, 2014