- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Barton College is pleased to announce Scott C. Cruikshank, class of 1995, as the featured speaker for the 110th Opening Convocation. The annual campus event is scheduled for Tuesday, August 30, at 11 a.m. in Howard Chapel.
Cruikshank serves as vice president of Alliances for the Americas for Dimension Data, a specialist IT services and solution provider that helps clients plan, build, support, and manage their IT infrastructures. Based out of the company’s Raleigh-Durham office, he oversaw the creation of the new Alliance organization and is now responsible for leveraging and expanding partnerships of major manufacturers. Cruikshank has more than 12 years of experience in technology sales. He joined Dimension Data in 1999 and prior to this appointment, he served as vice president of sales for the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern United States. Before joining Dimension Data, Cruikshank was employed with CompuCom Systems and IBM.
Earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Sport Management at Barton College, he also was a four-year starting player for the men’s soccer team and was a key performer on the championship teams in 1991 and 1993. A member of Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity, Cruikshank continues to be active through the fraternity’s Gamma Lambda alumni chapter. A 2009 Barton College Alumni Achievement Award recipient, he is a past member of the Barton College Athletics/Bulldog Club Committee and the Barton College Alumni Board. Cruikshank will be installed as a member of the Barton College Board of Trustees at the fall board meeting in September.
Cruikshank and his wife, Holly, make their home in Raleigh, with their children: daughter Carter and son Paxton.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Civil War Medicine the Focus of BB&T Heritage Lecture in American History at Barton College on Sept. 30 September 17, 2014
- The Grand Opening of the K.D. Kennedy, Jr. Rare Book Room in Barton’s Hackney Library is Scheduled for Sept. 25 September 16, 2014
- “Art History Crash Course for the Painter or Collector” Led by J. Chris Wilson on Tuesday, Sept. 23 September 9, 2014
- Barton Welcomes Dr. Troy Kickler for Constitution Day on Sept. 17 September 9, 2014
- Barton Welcomes UNC Archivist Stephen Fletcher To Discuss Hugh Morton Photographs on Sept. 16 September 9, 2014