- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. — Lauren Kennedy and Alan Campbell, the ever popular and charismatic husband and wife team, and the namesakes for Barton’s Lauren Kennedy and Alan Campbell Theatre, return to Wilson for an evening of music and laughter in “It Takes Two” An Evening with Lauren Kennedy & Alan Campbell. The event will be held on Friday evening, April 15, at 7:30 p.m. in the Boykin Center on Nash Street in Wilson.
This husband and wife team has combined Broadway and musical pedigrees that emphatically confirm their remarkable range and versatility. The Wall Street Journal has said of Campbell, “Alan Campbell is a charismatic golden boy with a voice to match.” The New Jersey Star Ledger has said of Kennedy, “[Lauren] Kennedy gives a star making performance. Her singing rings out as clear as a fingernail flick on a crystal champagne glass. Intoxicating…”
Kennedy and Campbell have had starring roles on Broadway in “Sunset Boulevard,” “Les Miserables,” “Contact,” “Spamalot,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Side Show,” “South Pacific,” “Bells Are Ringing,” “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and more.
North Carolina native Kennedy and her husband have easily recognizable names in Wilson and surrounding areas and have a strong bond to the Wilson and Barton College communities. This bond was even more deeply forged in 2009 when the Lauren Kennedy and Alan Campbell Theatre opened on the Barton College campus.
Experience the magic Kennedy and Campbell create when they place their microphones side by side on the Boykin Center stage. It is sure to be a rich and joyous duet of music and laughter that will delight the audience. “It Takes Two” turns “his” and “hers” into one boundless, exuberant big ol’ dose of “ours!”
Tickets are available by calling the Arts Council Box Office at 252-291-4329 or visiting the Arts Council of Wilson web site at www.wilsonarts.com. Tickets are $25 per person and $22.50 for students and seniors.
For additional information, please contact Sherry Myers, Marketing Director of the Arts Council of Wilson, at 252-291-4329, ext. 14, or email: email@example.com.
- 111th Commencement Exercises Held Sunday at Barton May 12, 2013
- Dr. Assad Meymandi to Speak at Barton College’s 111th Commencement on Sunday May 6, 2013
- Barton Students Held High Profile at Phi Beta Lambda State Conference April 23, 2013
- J. Chris Wilson’ s “From Murphy to Manteo — an Artist’s Scenic Journey” To Be Featured At “Lunch and Lecture” Art Seminar Series On April 29 April 19, 2013
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Mac McClure on April 28 April 19, 2013