- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Barton College is pleased to host the North Carolina Poetry Society’s Down East Fall Workshop on Oct. 30 in the Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center. Titled “Poet Naturalist/Naturalist Poet,” the workshop features poet and naturalist Bill Griffin.
The event runs from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. with registration lasting from 9 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. The cost of the workshop is $15 for NCPS members and $25 for non-members and includes lunch. For more information, contact Dr. Rebecca Godwin, professor of English and director of the Sam and Marjorie Ragan Writing Center, at 252-399-6364 or email email@example.com.
Bill Griffin lives in Elkin, N.C., where he is a rural family doctor and geriatrician as well as a practicing poet. His first chapbook Barb Quill Down was a finalist in the annual Looking Glass Poetry Chapbook Competition. This collection of 30 poems is not about birds, but in each poem a bird appears as an image or metaphor. Changing Woman explores how the ones we love change us, and we them. Snake Den Ridge, a Bestiary, illustrated with drawings by his wife, Linda French Griffin, is set in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and allows each of the creatures there, from beetle to bear, to speak his or her own story. His fourth chapbook, little mouse, will be published later this year by Main Street Rag. Griffin serves on the Board of the North Carolina Poetry Society.
Questions? Contact Ken Dozier, web services manager, at 252-399-6596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 111th Commencement Exercises Held Sunday at Barton May 12, 2013
- Dr. Assad Meymandi to Speak at Barton College’s 111th Commencement on Sunday May 6, 2013
- Barton Students Held High Profile at Phi Beta Lambda State Conference April 23, 2013
- J. Chris Wilson’ s “From Murphy to Manteo — an Artist’s Scenic Journey” To Be Featured At “Lunch and Lecture” Art Seminar Series On April 29 April 19, 2013
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Mac McClure on April 28 April 19, 2013