- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Faculty and freshmen are looking forward to Bulldog Day on Aug. 21 at Camp Rockfish. This special day during Welcome Weekend at the start of the fall semester gives freshmen the opportunity to meet and bond with each other and to hang out with their faculty advisors in a fun camp atmosphere. If last year’s event is any indication, our freshmen are in for a great time!
Although a brief rain shower greeted the 2009 freshman class as they arrived at Camp Rockfish last year, the rain soon disappeared. Barton’s newest Bulldogs, their peer leaders, and First-Year Seminar advisers took full advantage of the camp’s amenities. From the lake with its Blob and Iceberg to the pool to the climbing wall, zip line, and challenge courses, laughter filled the air as new faces became new friends and great moments became great memories.
“The day was successful and a lot of fun,” said Dan Kennedy, director of new student programs and Greek life at Barton. “It was all about the students bonding and getting to know each other and having a good time together.”
2010 freshmen, your Bulldog Day is coming; and we can’t wait!
Questions? Contact Ken Dozier, web services manager, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 252-399-6596.
- Art Show: 2015 Senior Art Exhibition Opens at Barton April 20 April 21, 2015
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr. Slated to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement on May 17 April 16, 2015
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Pianist Ang Li on April 26 April 16, 2015
- Barton FOVA Series to Focus on Wilson’s Evolving N.C. Landscape Series on April 23 April 16, 2015
- Barton Innovation Competition Finals: Live from the Edna E. Boykin Cultural Center on April 21 April 15, 2015