- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Faculty and freshmen are looking forward to Bulldog Day on Aug. 21 at Camp Rockfish. This special day during Welcome Weekend at the start of the fall semester gives freshmen the opportunity to meet and bond with each other and to hang out with their faculty advisors in a fun camp atmosphere. If last year’s event is any indication, our freshmen are in for a great time!
Although a brief rain shower greeted the 2009 freshman class as they arrived at Camp Rockfish last year, the rain soon disappeared. Barton’s newest Bulldogs, their peer leaders, and First-Year Seminar advisers took full advantage of the camp’s amenities. From the lake with its Blob and Iceberg to the pool to the climbing wall, zip line, and challenge courses, laughter filled the air as new faces became new friends and great moments became great memories.
“The day was successful and a lot of fun,” said Dan Kennedy, director of new student programs and Greek life at Barton. “It was all about the students bonding and getting to know each other and having a good time together.”
2010 freshmen, your Bulldog Day is coming; and we can’t wait!
Questions? Contact Ken Dozier, web services manager, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 252-399-6596.
- John Lee to be Featured Speaker at 113th Opening Convocation September 1, 2014
- Hackney Library’s 2014 Open House Celebrates Best-Selling N.C. Author Wiley Cash on Sept. 9 August 27, 2014
- Barton Hosts Author Wiley Cash for Joyce T. Boone Southern Authors Series on Sept. 9 August 27, 2014
- Barton Showcases Prolific N.C. Photographer Hugh Morton in Special Exhibit August 27, 2014
- Theatre at Barton Opens a New Season with “Crimes of the Heart” August 20, 2014