- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Travel at Barton
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Faculty and freshmen are looking forward to Bulldog Day on Aug. 21 at Camp Rockfish. This special day during Welcome Weekend at the start of the fall semester gives freshmen the opportunity to meet and bond with each other and to hang out with their faculty advisors in a fun camp atmosphere. If last year’s event is any indication, our freshmen are in for a great time!
Although a brief rain shower greeted the 2009 freshman class as they arrived at Camp Rockfish last year, the rain soon disappeared. Barton’s newest Bulldogs, their peer leaders, and First-Year Seminar advisers took full advantage of the camp’s amenities. From the lake with its Blob and Iceberg to the pool to the climbing wall, zip line, and challenge courses, laughter filled the air as new faces became new friends and great moments became great memories.
“The day was successful and a lot of fun,” said Dan Kennedy, director of new student programs and Greek life at Barton. “It was all about the students bonding and getting to know each other and having a good time together.”
2010 freshmen, your Bulldog Day is coming; and we can’t wait!
Questions? Contact Ken Dozier, web services manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 252-399-6596.
- Barton College Announces 2015 Graduates May 20, 2015
- Summer Brock Named to CASE DISTRICT III Board of Directors May 20, 2015
- The Sun Shone Brightly on Barton College Graduates at 113th Commencement Exercises May 17, 2015
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr., to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement May 11, 2015
- Barton College Places 2nd in State for Annual RecycleMania Challenge May 6, 2015