- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Barton College students and employees sporting white and red t-shirts and tightly laced running shoes gathered at the Alumni Bell Tower on April 8 for the second annual Barton College / Dick’s Hot Dog Dash to benefit the April 29 meal packaging event for STOP HUNGER NOW. Newly added to the event this year was the Weenie Walk, allowing walkers to participate with the runners.
Runners and walkers assembled at the Alumni Bell Tower and, at the word “Go!”, raced to Wilson landmark Dick’s Hot Dog Stand to eat three hot dog halves with all the fixings. Once they had devoured their meals, the racers headed back to the bell tower to cross the finish line.
Although prizes were awarded to the first-place male and female runners and the first-place walker, the real purpose of the race was to raise funds to support Barton’s STOP HUNGER NOW meal packaging event. Each STOP HUNGER NOW meals costs only 25 cents to make, and the $500 raised by the Hot Dog Dash and Weenie Walk will become 2,000 meals for the hungry.
To learn more about STOP HUNGER NOW, visit their web site at http://www.stophungernow.org. If you would like to donate to Barton’s STOP HUNGER NOW meal packaging event scheduled for April 29, please click the “Donate Now” button at http://www.barton.edu/stophungernow. To learn more about STOP HUNGER NOW at Barton College, contact Lynne Medlin at 252-399-6544 or email email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Ken Dozier, web services manager, at 252-399-6596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barton’s Nursing Students Raise Awareness For Operation Christmas Soldier Project Donations November 22, 2013
- Barton College Ushers In The Christmas Season on Tuesday, Dec. 3 November 18, 2013
- November Announcement Brings Accolades to School of Nursing November 18, 2013
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony to Feature Violin Prodigy Brian Lin on Sunday, Nov. 24 November 18, 2013
- Barton College’s Angie Walston Receives National Honor November 18, 2013