- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Barton College students and employees sporting white and red t-shirts and tightly laced running shoes gathered at the Alumni Bell Tower on April 8 for the second annual Barton College / Dick’s Hot Dog Dash to benefit the April 29 meal packaging event for STOP HUNGER NOW. Newly added to the event this year was the Weenie Walk, allowing walkers to participate with the runners.
Runners and walkers assembled at the Alumni Bell Tower and, at the word “Go!”, raced to Wilson landmark Dick’s Hot Dog Stand to eat three hot dog halves with all the fixings. Once they had devoured their meals, the racers headed back to the bell tower to cross the finish line.
Although prizes were awarded to the first-place male and female runners and the first-place walker, the real purpose of the race was to raise funds to support Barton’s STOP HUNGER NOW meal packaging event. Each STOP HUNGER NOW meals costs only 25 cents to make, and the $500 raised by the Hot Dog Dash and Weenie Walk will become 2,000 meals for the hungry.
To learn more about STOP HUNGER NOW, visit their web site at http://www.stophungernow.org. If you would like to donate to Barton’s STOP HUNGER NOW meal packaging event scheduled for April 29, please click the “Donate Now” button at http://www.barton.edu/stophungernow. To learn more about STOP HUNGER NOW at Barton College, contact Lynne Medlin at 252-399-6544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact Ken Dozier, web services manager, at 252-399-6596 or email email@example.com.
- John Lee to be Featured Speaker at 113th Opening Convocation September 1, 2014
- Hackney Library’s 2014 Open House Celebrates Best-Selling N.C. Author Wiley Cash on Sept. 9 August 27, 2014
- Barton Hosts Author Wiley Cash for Joyce T. Boone Southern Authors Series on Sept. 9 August 27, 2014
- Barton Showcases Prolific N.C. Photographer Hugh Morton in Special Exhibit August 27, 2014
- Theatre at Barton Opens a New Season with “Crimes of the Heart” August 20, 2014