- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Barton College students and employees sporting white and red t-shirts and tightly laced running shoes gathered at the Alumni Bell Tower on April 8 for the second annual Barton College / Dick’s Hot Dog Dash to benefit the April 29 meal packaging event for STOP HUNGER NOW. Newly added to the event this year was the Weenie Walk, allowing walkers to participate with the runners.
Runners and walkers assembled at the Alumni Bell Tower and, at the word “Go!”, raced to Wilson landmark Dick’s Hot Dog Stand to eat three hot dog halves with all the fixings. Once they had devoured their meals, the racers headed back to the bell tower to cross the finish line.
Although prizes were awarded to the first-place male and female runners and the first-place walker, the real purpose of the race was to raise funds to support Barton’s STOP HUNGER NOW meal packaging event. Each STOP HUNGER NOW meals costs only 25 cents to make, and the $500 raised by the Hot Dog Dash and Weenie Walk will become 2,000 meals for the hungry.
To learn more about STOP HUNGER NOW, visit their web site at http://www.stophungernow.org. If you would like to donate to Barton’s STOP HUNGER NOW meal packaging event scheduled for April 29, please click the “Donate Now” button at http://www.barton.edu/stophungernow. To learn more about STOP HUNGER NOW at Barton College, contact Lynne Medlin at 252-399-6544 or email email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Ken Dozier, web services manager, at 252-399-6596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wilson/Barton Think Tank Welcomes National and Regional Economic Leaders to Discuss Future Trends on October 24 October 17, 2014
- Barton Professor James A. Clark Named to Regional Leadership Role October 16, 2014
- Barton College and Pamlico Community College Partner on Three Transfer Agreements October 9, 2014
- The “Barton Experience” Measures Up Regionally and Nationally October 7, 2014
- Reception for Watercolor Society of N.C. 69th Juried Exhibition at Barton Art Galleries on Oct. 12 September 24, 2014