- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – The Barton College Gospel Choir will present its fifth annual concert on Saturday, April 10, in Hardy Alumni Hall at 3 p.m. This year’s theme is ” More than Conquerors” inspired by Romans 8:37. The event is open to the public at no charge, and the community is invited to attend.
The Barton College Gospel Choir will perform a number of selections by artists including Donald Lawrence, Ricky Dillard, Youthful Praise, Twinkie Clark, and John P. Kee. The program will also include special performances by Barton’s Genesis Dance Team, and Barton sophomore Ebony Watkins.
Barton will also welcome to campus the Pitt Community College Gospel Choir “Elements of Praise” who will perform one musical selection, and the Wynn Chapel Praise Dancers who will open the concert for the Barton College Gospel Choir with their ministry in dance.
Also back by popular demand, for the third consecutive year, are guest director George Mitchell of Orlando, Fla., and guest vocalists Tina Todd, Char Biggs, Nerissa Grigsby, and Kim Mena, from Pittsburgh, Pa. Mena will also serve as mistress of ceremonies for the concert.
The Barton College Gospel Choir has 25 members this year. The choir’s sopranos include Khadijah Lane, Ashley Harris (president), Precious Johnson, Phylicia Evans, Shimicka Wells, Santisha Brown, Jaren Palmer, and Holly Zacharias (advisor). The alto section is comprised of Jasmine Jones, Jazmine Tinsley, Jaqueline Henry, Tiffany Crudup, Thia Bowen, Kalyah Andrews, Jasmine Graham, and Danielle Watts (alumna). And, the tenors round out the ensemble with Ashely Morris, LaLonnie Steward, Brandon Redmond, Ebony McCray, Kevin Wright, and Terrence Canady (alumnus and director).
Band members TJ Jones from Barton College (keyboard) and Marquail Harris from Fike High School (drums) will accompany the choir.
For additional information about the concert, please contact Holly Zacharias, Gospel Choir advisor, at 252-399-6366.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
Tagged with: Barton College Gospel Choir
- Student Presentation on Gun Violence in the Media Scheduled for Dec. 10 December 5, 2013
- Executive Director of Research Triangle Energy Consortium To Discuss Fracturing for Natural Gas on Saturday, Dec. 14 December 5, 2013
- Barton’s Nursing Students Raise Awareness For Operation Christmas Soldier Project Donations November 22, 2013
- Barton College Ushers In The Christmas Season on Tuesday, Dec. 3 November 18, 2013
- November Announcement Brings Accolades to School of Nursing November 18, 2013