- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Travel at Barton
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – The Lighting of the Luminaries, a long-standing tradition for the Barton College community, will usher in the Christmas season on Tuesday, Dec. 1. The College family invites the surrounding community to join them for this festive celebration.
The celebration will begin with a festive candlelight dinner served in the Hamlin Student Center Dining Hall at 5 p.m. Cost for the meal is $6 for adults and $3 for children and students not on the meal plan.
At 5 p.m., students will begin lighting over 1,700 luminaries across 32 acres of the main campus, and at 6 p.m., students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the College, and members of the greater Wilson community will gather on center campus for the blessing and lighting of the Christmas tree. The outdoor program will include brief remarks by Dr. Norval C. Kneten, president of Barton College, as well as musical selections performed by the College’s Gospel Choir and Sign Choir.
Immediately following the blessing and lighting of the tree, participants will move to Howard Chapel for the annual Hanging of the Greens, and a Christmas Program of Lessons and Carols featuring the Barton College Choir. There is no charge for the program.
For additional information about the Lighting of the Luminaries program, please contact Ashley Lutterloh, director of student activities, at 252-399-6372 or the Rev. Hollie Woodruff, chaplain of the college, at 252-399-6368. For additional information about the choir program, please contact Mark Peterson, director of music, at 252-399-6535.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- Barton College and Pitt Community College Partner on Transfer Agreements May 5, 2015
- Barton Students Held High Profile at Phi Beta Lambda State Conference May 5, 2015
- Barton Trustee Garnett Whitehurst To Endow College’s Honors Program April 27, 2015
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr. Slated to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement on May 17 April 16, 2015
- Barton College Choir’s Spring Concert Scheduled for Thursday, April 30 April 16, 2015