- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
The 2009 Homecoming Weekend welcomed a record 700 alumni to campus for a weekend of programs, sporting events, and activities. This is the largest Homecoming attendance in the history of the College, rivaling the College’s Centennial Celebration in 2002 with an attendance record of 750.
Homecoming 2009 proved to be a weekend of celebrations that included new Barton College Athletic Hall of Famers: Allen Searson (1975), Will Flowers (1976), Teasha Murphy (1996) and Todd Bailess (1999), as well as the 2009 alumni award winners: Alumnus of the Year A.J. Walston (1958), Alumni Achievement Award winners: Bobby Bennett (1967), Steve Hart (1992), and Scott Cruikshank (1995), Young Alumnus of the Year Ben Bridgers (2004), and Honorary Alumna Tina Hensley.
Barton Bulldogs, from near and far, cheered enthusiastically on Friday and Saturday for our collegiate volleyball and soccer matches as well as Sunday’s alumni baseball game. Business, Nursing, Science, and Mathematics alumni flocked together for their respective reunions held across campus on Saturday, and large numbers of Greek alumni came back for good-spirited competition and camaraderie. The members of the Class of 1959 celebrated their 50th reunion with gusto throughout the weekend while students and alumni alike enjoyed the Saturday evening luau with the band Fantasy. Cheers were heard across campus when students Will Cobb and Brittany Wade were crowned the 2009 Homecoming King and Queen! Summer Brock, director of alumni and parent programs, promises the 2010 Homecoming Weekend will be even bigger and better. We can’t wait!
For more information about Homecoming, contact Summer Brock at 252-399-6383 or 800-422-4699; or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barton Art Galleries’ To Host An Art and Decorative Arts Appraisal Day on March 20 with J. Chris Wilson March 5, 2014
- Barton’s Artist-in-Residence J. Chris Wilson to present “Jan van Eyck: Decoding an Enigma” on March 19 March 5, 2014
- “Continuing Conversations” Group Exhibition Opens in the Barton Art Galleries on March 16 March 5, 2014
- Caregiver Education Conference Postponed Until May March 3, 2014
- Barton’s Dr. Kelly Thompson to Participate in National Executive Leadership Academy February 25, 2014