- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
The 2009 Homecoming Weekend welcomed a record 700 alumni to campus for a weekend of programs, sporting events, and activities. This is the largest Homecoming attendance in the history of the College, rivaling the College’s Centennial Celebration in 2002 with an attendance record of 750.
Homecoming 2009 proved to be a weekend of celebrations that included new Barton College Athletic Hall of Famers: Allen Searson (1975), Will Flowers (1976), Teasha Murphy (1996) and Todd Bailess (1999), as well as the 2009 alumni award winners: Alumnus of the Year A.J. Walston (1958), Alumni Achievement Award winners: Bobby Bennett (1967), Steve Hart (1992), and Scott Cruikshank (1995), Young Alumnus of the Year Ben Bridgers (2004), and Honorary Alumna Tina Hensley.
Barton Bulldogs, from near and far, cheered enthusiastically on Friday and Saturday for our collegiate volleyball and soccer matches as well as Sunday’s alumni baseball game. Business, Nursing, Science, and Mathematics alumni flocked together for their respective reunions held across campus on Saturday, and large numbers of Greek alumni came back for good-spirited competition and camaraderie. The members of the Class of 1959 celebrated their 50th reunion with gusto throughout the weekend while students and alumni alike enjoyed the Saturday evening luau with the band Fantasy. Cheers were heard across campus when students Will Cobb and Brittany Wade were crowned the 2009 Homecoming King and Queen! Summer Brock, director of alumni and parent programs, promises the 2010 Homecoming Weekend will be even bigger and better. We can’t wait!
For more information about Homecoming, contact Summer Brock at 252-399-6383 or 800-422-4699; or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wilson/Barton Think Tank Welcomes National and Regional Economic Leaders to Discuss Future Trends on October 24 October 17, 2014
- Barton Professor James A. Clark Named to Regional Leadership Role October 16, 2014
- Barton College and Pamlico Community College Partner on Three Transfer Agreements October 9, 2014
- The “Barton Experience” Measures Up Regionally and Nationally October 7, 2014
- Reception for Watercolor Society of N.C. 69th Juried Exhibition at Barton Art Galleries on Oct. 12 September 24, 2014