- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – Barton College is pleased to announce Susan Maxwell Bane, M.D., Ph.D., as the featured speaker for the 108th Opening Convocation. The annual campus event is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 1 at 11 a.m. in Howard Chapel.
Dr. Bane practices Obstetrics and Gynecology at Greenville Obstetrics and Gynecology, a Division of Physicians East, in Greenville, North Carolina.
In addition to her medical practice, Dr. Bane serves as a clinical professor at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, where she teaches medical students and undergraduate students. She also serves as an adjunct professor in the Department of Exercise and Sports Science at ECU.
A native of Currituck County, Dr. Bane graduated in 1987 from Barton College (then Atlantic Christian College) with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry. Continuing her academic studies, she completed a Master of Science degree and a Ph.D. in Kinesiology from the University of Illinois in1989 and 1995, respectively. Dr. Bane earned her medical degree from the University of Illinois in 1997, and she completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University in 2001.
Dr. Bane is the daughter of Mary Ellen and Bob Maxwell of Currituck County. She and her husband Art, also a 1987 Barton alumnus, make their home in Greenville with their two sons: Archer (17), and Maxwell (6), and their daughter Riley (13).
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- 111th Commencement Exercises Held Sunday at Barton May 12, 2013
- Dr. Assad Meymandi to Speak at Barton College’s 111th Commencement on Sunday May 6, 2013
- Barton Students Held High Profile at Phi Beta Lambda State Conference April 23, 2013
- J. Chris Wilson’ s “From Murphy to Manteo — an Artist’s Scenic Journey” To Be Featured At “Lunch and Lecture” Art Seminar Series On April 29 April 19, 2013
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Mac McClure on April 28 April 19, 2013