- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – The Barton College Gospel Choir will present its fourth annual concert on Saturday, April 4, in Hardy Alumni Hall at 3 p.m. This event is open to the public at no charge, and the community is invited to attend.
Among the afternoon’s musical selections will be “Perfect Peace,” “Souled Out,” “You are God Alone,” “Hear Our Prayer,” and “Hallelujah, You’re Worthy To Be Praised.”
Members of the Barton College Gospel Choir include Thia Bowen, Obhajiajiemen Emiohe, Petra Hall, Ashley Harris, Jaqueline Henry, Precious Johnson, TJ Jones, Ebony McCray, Angelica Moore, Ashley Morris, Jaren Palmer, Sam Pounds, Princena Simpkins, Broderick Simpson, Brindin Taylor, Jasmine Tinsley, Jeremy Upchurch, Lisa Ward, and Shaunte Woodard. Alumni members of the choir also have been invited to participate with the Gospel Choir in this annual spring performance.
Guest performers for the concert will be the First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers from Pittsburgh, Pa., who will join the Gospel Choir for several selections. Members of Barton’s Gospel Choir met the First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers when they traveled to Pittsburgh in October 2007 and again in October 2008, and were invited to sing during First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers’ Sunday morning services. George Mitchell, director of the First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers, also conducted Gospel Choir workshops at Barton in August 2007 and 2008. Barton is pleased to welcome the Pittsburgh singers back to Wilson and the college campus.
For additional information about the concert, please contact Holly Zacharias, Gospel Choir advisor, at 252-399-6366.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wilson/Barton Think Tank Welcomes National and Regional Economic Leaders to Discuss Future Trends on October 24 October 17, 2014
- Barton Professor James A. Clark Named to Regional Leadership Role October 16, 2014
- Barton College and Pamlico Community College Partner on Three Transfer Agreements October 9, 2014
- The “Barton Experience” Measures Up Regionally and Nationally October 7, 2014
- Reception for Watercolor Society of N.C. 69th Juried Exhibition at Barton Art Galleries on Oct. 12 September 24, 2014