- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – The Barton College Gospel Choir will present its fourth annual concert on Saturday, April 4, in Hardy Alumni Hall at 3 p.m. This event is open to the public at no charge, and the community is invited to attend.
Among the afternoon’s musical selections will be “Perfect Peace,” “Souled Out,” “You are God Alone,” “Hear Our Prayer,” and “Hallelujah, You’re Worthy To Be Praised.”
Members of the Barton College Gospel Choir include Thia Bowen, Obhajiajiemen Emiohe, Petra Hall, Ashley Harris, Jaqueline Henry, Precious Johnson, TJ Jones, Ebony McCray, Angelica Moore, Ashley Morris, Jaren Palmer, Sam Pounds, Princena Simpkins, Broderick Simpson, Brindin Taylor, Jasmine Tinsley, Jeremy Upchurch, Lisa Ward, and Shaunte Woodard. Alumni members of the choir also have been invited to participate with the Gospel Choir in this annual spring performance.
Guest performers for the concert will be the First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers from Pittsburgh, Pa., who will join the Gospel Choir for several selections. Members of Barton’s Gospel Choir met the First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers when they traveled to Pittsburgh in October 2007 and again in October 2008, and were invited to sing during First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers’ Sunday morning services. George Mitchell, director of the First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers, also conducted Gospel Choir workshops at Barton in August 2007 and 2008. Barton is pleased to welcome the Pittsburgh singers back to Wilson and the college campus.
For additional information about the concert, please contact Holly Zacharias, Gospel Choir advisor, at 252-399-6366.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- 111th Commencement Exercises Held Sunday at Barton May 12, 2013
- Dr. Assad Meymandi to Speak at Barton College’s 111th Commencement on Sunday May 6, 2013
- Barton Students Held High Profile at Phi Beta Lambda State Conference April 23, 2013
- J. Chris Wilson’ s “From Murphy to Manteo — an Artist’s Scenic Journey” To Be Featured At “Lunch and Lecture” Art Seminar Series On April 29 April 19, 2013
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Mac McClure on April 28 April 19, 2013