- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – The Lighting of the Luminaries, a long-standing tradition for the Barton College community, will usher in the Christmas season on Tuesday, Dec. 2. The College family invites the surrounding community to join them for this festive celebration.
The celebration will begin with a festive candlelight dinner served in the Hamlin Student Center Dining Hall at 5 p.m. Cost for the meal is $6 for adults and $3 for children and students not on the meal plan.
At 5:45 p.m., join students as they light over 1,500 luminaries across 32 acres of the main campus. At 6 p.m., students, faculty, staff, friends of the College, and members of the community will gather on center campus for the blessing and lighting of the Christmas tree. The outdoor program will include brief remarks by Dr. Norval C. Kneten, president of Barton College, as well as musical selections performed by the College’s Gospel Choir and the Sign Choir.
Immediately following the blessing and lighting of the tree, participants will move to Howard Chapel for the annual Hanging of the Greens, and a Christmas Program of Lessons and Carols featuring the Barton College Choir. There is no charge for the program.
For additional information about the Lighting of the Luminaries program, please contact Ashley Lutterloh in the Office of Student Activities at 252-399-6372 or the Rev. Hollie Woodruff, chaplain of the college, at 252-399-6368. For additional information about the choir program, please contact Mark Peterson, director of music, at 252-399-6535.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr. Slated to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement on May 17 April 16, 2015
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Pianist Ang Li on April 26 April 16, 2015
- Barton FOVA Series to Focus on Wilson’s Evolving N.C. Landscape Series on April 23 April 16, 2015
- Barton Innovation Competition Finals: Live from the Edna E. Boykin Cultural Center on April 21 April 15, 2015
- 2015 Creative Writing Symposium at Barton College on April 20 March 30, 2015