- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – With handcuffed campus “criminals,” the Athletic Training Club’s Jail-N-Bail event on November 6 helped club members support their organization and give back to the community all at the same time. Raising $1,500, the Athletic Training Club presented a check for $750 to the Peace Church food pantry in time for Thanksgiving.
For $20 per warrant, participants ordered the arrests of individuals from a “most wanted” list of faculty and staff. All other warrants were $5 each. After being arrested by a Wilson police officer, each of the accused appeared before the “judge” and head athletic trainer Randy Pridgen who set the bail. If the accused paid his bail immediately, he was free to go; otherwise, he was sentenced to a term of 30 minutes in jail in the Hamlin Dining Hall.
“We’ve been raising money for a couple of years now to [go to district meetings],” said Pridgen, club advisor and associate professor of physical education and sport studies. “And, the seniors thought that it was a good time to try to give back to the community.”
The Athletic Training Club promotes professionalism in the field of athletic training and performs fundraising activities to assist students who wish to attend the annual clinical symposium hosted by the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Trainers’ Association (MAATA). The symposium provides educational seminars and allows students to present case studies relevant to athletic training. Additionally, it serves as a networking resource, putting students in contact with others in their field of study.
Questions? Contact Ken Dozier, web services manager, at 252-399-6596 or email email@example.com.
- 2015 Creative Writing Symposium at Barton College on April 20 March 30, 2015
- The Honorable Sidney S. Eagles, Jr. Slated to Speak at Barton College’s 113th Commencement on May 17 March 24, 2015
- “Walking into April” Poetry Day Scheduled for Saturday, April 11 March 24, 2015
- Friends of Hackney Library Presents “An Evening with Elaine Neil Orr” on April 7 March 24, 2015
- Charles W. Calhoun to Present Heritage Lecture on March 31 March 18, 2015