- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
Wilson, N.C. – Members of the Wilson community are invited to join Barton College faculty, staff, and students for “Take Back The Night,” scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 7. Co-sponsored by the Counseling Services Center and Office of the Chaplain at Barton College and the Wesley Shelter of Wilson, “Take Back The Night” is an annual program that raises awareness about domestic violence.
The Reverend Hollie Woodruff, chaplain of the College, will conduct a service of healing at 11 a.m. in the Hackney Worship Center (lower level of Hackney Residence Hall).
On Tuesday evening, participants will gather at 6 p.m. at the fountain in front of Hamlin Student Center for a Candlelight Vigil. The vigil, protesting violence in homes and in schools, will begin with brief remarks by faculty, staff, and students of Barton College followed by a musical interpretation from the College’s Dance Team. As candles are lit, names of people will be read who have lost their lives this year as a result of domestic violence.
Then, with light sticks in hand, participants will walk the Barton Mile around the perimeter of the campus and return to Hamlin Student Center for refreshments and an opportunity to visit the “Take Back The Night” information table.
The event is open to the public at no charge, and the community is encouraged to attend. For additional information, please contact Courtney Manning, director of counseling at Barton College, at 252-399-6587.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- Wilson/Barton Think Tank Welcomes National and Regional Economic Leaders to Discuss Future Trends on October 24 October 17, 2014
- Barton Professor James A. Clark Named to Regional Leadership Role October 16, 2014
- Barton College and Pamlico Community College Partner on Three Transfer Agreements October 9, 2014
- The “Barton Experience” Measures Up Regionally and Nationally October 7, 2014
- Reception for Watercolor Society of N.C. 69th Juried Exhibition at Barton Art Galleries on Oct. 12 September 24, 2014