- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- School of Arts & Sciences
- – Art & Design
- – Communication & Performing Arts
- – English & Modern Languages
- – History & Social Sciences
- – Physical Education, Sport Studies, & Gerontology
- – Religion and Philosophy
- – Science & Mathematics
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Honors Program
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – Please join the Barton College community for a “Blessing of the Animals” service to be held on Sunday, Nov. 9, at 3 p.m.. There is no charge, and the surrounding community is invited to attend the service.
Each year, on or around the date of the Feast Day of Saint Francis of Assisi, a number of churches mark the occasion by having a service of blessing of the animals. Theologically, its purpose is to testify to the sacredness of all of creation, to celebrate its richness and variety and, more specifically, to acknowledge the importance of animals, especially companion animals, to our own spiritual growth and development. The service involves the literal blessing of animals by the priest or minister.
Barton’s “Blessing of the Animals” service, to be led by the Reverend Hollie Woodruff, will last approximately 20 minutes and will take place on center campus. All pets are welcomed, but please consider the wisdom of bringing aggressive animals. Please leash all pets as appropriate. Large animals also are welcomed, but they must be led onto center campus and not ridden. Clean-up supplies and water will be available.
For additional information or questions, please contact Rev. Woodruff at 252-399-6368 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: email@example.com.
- 111th Commencement Exercises Held Sunday at Barton May 12, 2013
- Dr. Assad Meymandi to Speak at Barton College’s 111th Commencement on Sunday May 6, 2013
- Barton Students Held High Profile at Phi Beta Lambda State Conference April 23, 2013
- J. Chris Wilson’ s “From Murphy to Manteo — an Artist’s Scenic Journey” To Be Featured At “Lunch and Lecture” Art Seminar Series On April 29 April 19, 2013
- Barton College/Wilson Symphony To Feature Acclaimed Pianist Mac McClure on April 28 April 19, 2013