- Academic Programs
- Schools & Departments
- Honors Program
- Center for Religious Studies
- Course Offerings
- Academic Resources
- Faculty Directory
- Office of the Registrar
- Hackney Library
- International Travel
- Campus Bookstore
- College Catalogs
- Current Students
WILSON, N.C. – The Barton College Gospel Choir will present its third annual concert on Saturday, April 12, in Hardy Alumni Hall at 3 p.m. This event is open to the public at no charge, and the community is invited to attend.
The concert theme, “Great Things,” is inspired by the scripture from Psalms 126:3 – “The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy.”
Guest performers include the First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers from Pittsburgh, Pa., who will join the Barton College Gospel Choir for several selections. The Barton Gospel Choir met the First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers when they traveled to Pittsburgh in October 2007, and were invited to sing during First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers’ Sunday morning service. George Mitchell, director of the First Emmanuel Sanctuary Singers, also conducted a Gospel Choir Workshop at Barton last August and attended the Gospel Choir’s Robe Dedication Service in January. Barton is pleased to welcome the Pittsburgh singers to Wilson and the college campus.
The Reverend Hollie Woodruff, chaplain of Barton College and an accomplished violinist, will accompany the Gospel Choir for several selections.
The Young Adults Praise Team from Christ Temple of Praise will lead devotions for the program and the Dancers of Praise from St. John A.M.E. Zion Church will perform during the intermission. A love offering will be received during the concert to support Breast Cancer Research.
For additional information about the concert, please contact Holly Zacharias, Gospel Choir advisor, at 252-399-6366 or email: email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Kathy Daughety, director of public relations, at 252-399-6529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Civil War Medicine the Focus of BB&T Heritage Lecture in American History at Barton College on Sept. 30 September 17, 2014
- The Grand Opening of the K.D. Kennedy, Jr. Rare Book Room in Barton’s Hackney Library is Scheduled for Sept. 25 September 16, 2014
- “Art History Crash Course for the Painter or Collector” Led by J. Chris Wilson on Tuesday, Sept. 23 September 9, 2014
- Barton Welcomes Dr. Troy Kickler for Constitution Day on Sept. 17 September 9, 2014
- Barton Welcomes UNC Archivist Stephen Fletcher To Discuss Hugh Morton Photographs on Sept. 16 September 9, 2014